A Warm Welcome everyone to 2020’s MCTS Community Christmas Party!
This is to give you a quick overview what’s planned plus a brief how-to for using the tool wonder.me. If you run into any technical issues or have other relevant queries, please send us a quick mail over to email@example.com or ask for Matthias Meller, Amelie Anders or Nadine Patzelt.
🎄 Joining the Christmas Party
Open this link to enter our Christmas Party online venue: wonder.me.
You don’t need a password. Please use either Chrome or Firefox (on a desktop computer).
📆 Want to add the event to your digital calendar to get automatically get a reminder and have the link ready? Download the .ics file here. Also, here is the .ics file to the Zoom emergency meeting.
In case wonder.me should fail for any reason we have setup a separate Zoom meeting as a fallback option. You can join without waiting for any host. We will try to look in between to make sure everyone was able to join wonder.me.
Join Zoom meeting:
🧑🎄 The Program
7:30 pm — What happens to MCTS graduates when they “grow up”?
Join us over at the Alumni Talk table!
- We’ll briefly introduce the MCTS Alumni Network Initiative
- Three STS & RESET alumni share a bit of their journeys since graduation
- Your opportunity to ask questions!
8:00 pm — Opening of MCTS Christmas Party
After a few warm welcome words by the MCTS community, feel free to discover the event space and join whatever area or conversation you prefer. We’ve setup various thematic tables / rooms where you can:
- Play Powerpoint Karaoke, organised by Cansu Güner, PhD Candidate at MCTS
- Have fun with Games designed for online meetings, hosted by Oliver Zillig, STS Master student
- Share your work and internship experience at Work Experience & Co.
- Have a drink together over at the Glühwein Bar
- Join the STS Talk
- Discuss your New Year’s Resolutions — Eat cookies over at the Kitchen (there’s a balcony for our smokers …)
And of course mix and mingle all around, wonder.me allows you to easily jump from conversations to the next.
1. Join link, enable / check camera and microphone
Again, make sure to use Chrome or Safari, otherwise some features of wonder.me won’t work. No worries, you also don’t have download anything, it’s all browser-based. Be sure to have a decent internet connection and connect your computer to power.
2. Enter your name and take a nice photo
The photo is your avatar in wonder.me that allows others to spot you in our Christmas Party venue. Make sure to look stellar 😊
3. Welcome to the Christmas Party space
Make yourself at home, be sure everything works for you.
4. Zoom in to explore …
… who else is around and what tables or conversations you could join.